Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rules for Request Fics

Every once in awhile, someone asks me, ‘Can you write me a request fic?’ or ‘Can you write something about this/these character(s)?’ Usually, I can and am willing to do that, though it may take awhile for me to get done. However, as of the last one I wrote (a three-chapter fic that I only got one review for), the rules for these things have become stricter.

1) The person who asks me “can you write --” must review EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER.
I’m not having anymore of the crap I got last time I wrote a request fic. I spend my own time writing someone a story, and so that someone who asked me to write it had better review all of it. The only exception is if the person can’t immediately get to a computer.


2) No fancharacters.
Fancharacters (A.K.A. ‘OCs’) are characters that people make up, designed to fit into a specific fandom. Guess what my last R.F. was about? Yeah. I will let fancharacters play minor roles in R.F.s (all you have to do is give me a decent character bio), but stories revolving completely around an O.C.; don’t even ask.


3) Plot summary must be vague.
This one isn’t quite as strict as the others. For this rule, all this means is that I don’t want a PM saying, “I want a story about this character and the other characters should be this, this and this, and this MUST happen in the story-” I think you get the point. You need to say what you’d like the plot to be, and of course which character(s) you want the story to be about, but I need space to write, too.
4) I refuse to write ANY slash, yaoi, yuri, M-preg, and gender-bender fics.
This gets more enforcement that even the first one. I refuse to write any of these kinds of stories.

5) Be patient.
It may take a while for your story to get done.
Here is a list of places I can write fanfictions for. Be sure to visit my homepage at FanFiction.Net, there's a more complete list over there. (located for your convenience at the top of my profile, under "Author has written XX stories for..."):

+Anima

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch

Winx Club

Sonic the Hedgehog

Tokyo Mew Mew

Kingdom Hearts

Lord of the Rings

[Navy] NCIS

Futari wa Pretty Cure/any spin-off

Wolverine and the X-Men

Avatar: The Last Airbender
And there you have it. 5 simple rules for a request fic.

No comments:

Post a Comment