Thursday, September 11, 2008

Debunk 9/11 Conspiracy

According to Wiktionary, the verb debunk means to expose or discredit exaggerated claims about something.

Now I know why they call it 'debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories.'

This is going to be a hard post for me to write. It's hard to not stoop to name calling, and also to not rip people's heads off and ram the truth down their throats.

I hate 9/11 conspiracy theories. I really can't describe how much I hate those things. What strikes me as odd is the fact that so many people get sucked into this crap.

I ran into the conspiracy theory long ago during my 9/11 research. At that time, because I could only barely remember the attacks, I was mostly unbiased towards what I was learning. So when I began researching, I decided that to be fair, I'd better look at the conspiracy theory, too. So I found two websites and took a look at them.

The first was run a guy known mostly as 'Agent Smiley.' This guy freely admitted to being an anarchist. After that, any doubt I gave him got tossed out the window. I don't like anarchists.

The second moron hid behind internet annonimity to a point of stupidity. Things from his site read as 'this is the FBI agent who thinks that 9/11 needs to be investigated' and 'this is the Bush aide who thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy.' No names were ever given. And the guy who ran the site? 'A family man and a lawyer.' He didn't even get an internet name.

Good grief.

I don’t want cloak-and-dagger, morons, I want facts. None of you have been able to give me that, which is why I doubt you so badly.

Now, let's look at something some people hold up as a fact: a stupid video called "Loose Change."

(What a dumb name. Who named that thing, anyway?) . I didn’t have time to watch the whole video – it was over an hour long – but I watched the first three minutes. Here is my response to that video (those first three minutes, anyways):


You morons. You’re trying to pull a conspiracy theory out of that? Go read Out of the Blue by Richard Bernstien. I don’t doubt that this country made mistakes before and on that day, but you’ve got NOTHING.


The greatest ‘I can’t believe what I’m seeing’ moment of Loose Marbles Change?

“Dedicated to Lives that were Lost on September 11.”

Uh-huh.

Now let’s look at some comments on the YouTube version of Loose Marbles.

I couldn’t find the comment I wanted, but the gist of it was that the government can’t get rid of the morons responsible for Loose Marbles because if it does, than everyone will know that they were responsible for 9/11.

That is insane. You’re trying to convince people that Loose Marbles is true, which means that the government has enough skill to kill off nearly 3,000 people AND keep that information out of the hands of the general public, and yet they can’t get rid of the moron who concocted that piece of trash and his little website? Think about it.


If you're wondering about Loose Marbles, I suggest that before you go to YouTube, You go to this site here. It's one of the best for debunking Loose Change. The only problem with this site is that the person doesn't understand how Glenn Beck uses sarcasm. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE COMICS AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. Particularly the ones on the bottom of the page.


Over you can find the Loose Change guide. I like what I see, therefore, I encourage you to also check it out.



Yes, I like my large, attention-grabbing hyperlinks. Now what's left on my list... Ah yes, the sites that tell the truth.



Over here you can see the Popoular Mechanics report on 9/11.



Here is a site known as Debunking9/11.com. Be sure and read this, too.



The conspiracy theory has been debunked so many times it's quite sad people still buy into it. The irony comes from the fact that to make the conspiracy work, CTists have to contradict themselves. (The YouTube comment. Yes, I couldn't get the EXACT comment, but with over 11,000 comments to look through, it was unlikely I would.)



Well, the day is coming to close. I've spent most of the afternoon working on this thing. I'm proud of myself, since I only used names a couple of times, and I didn't rip people's heads of in the end. If you want, you can point out evidence that I haven't covered that will help prove the CT. I will do my absolute best to debunk it.



May the vitims of 9/11 never be forgotten.



L8R.

No comments:

Post a Comment