Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Tale of Two Governors

First, Indiana governor Mitch Daniels:
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) will greet President Obama on the airport tarmac when he arrives in Indianapolis for an event Friday at a transmission plant.

It's Daniels's latest gesture of civility toward the president, something rare among those in his party considered to be potential White House challengers. The two-term governor of Indiana has told his fellow Republicans to "stop whining" about the Obama administration. Asked recently whether he thought questions about Obama's natural-born American citizenship were relevant, Daniels didn't hesitate. "I don't," he said.

"The American people that elected President Obama had a chance to weigh it at the time," the governor added. "I have my differences with the president, but they have nothing to do with things like that."
And then Texas governor Rick Perry:
Rick Perry has declined the White House’s request that he greet President Obama when Air Force One lands in Texas on Tuesday, the Republican governor’s office says.
“We did try to arrange something with the White House,” Lucy Nashed, a spokeswoman for Perry, told POLITICO. “They asked us if we wanted to meet him out on the tarmac in El Paso, but we weren’t able to work anything out, based on the fact that it’s probably going to be a 10-minute greeting.”
Perry, who met Obama at the airport when the president traveled to Austin in August, accused the administration two weeks ago of denying aid to his state to help recover from wildfires.
Other Republican governors, like Rick Scott and Mitch Daniels, recently greeted Obama when he visited their states.
Yes, I know. Believe me, I know.

Bonus points for my readers if they can guess which of these two governors I prefer.

I actually had a spat with a family member over this. Daniels may have done the polite thing, but I'd like to kick him in the butt for it. He seems to not understand that those of us who weighed Obama's BC issue got shot down in flames by the media for doing so. Where was Daniels when that was going on? Off twiddling his thumbs? Why didn't he say something? Too afraid of getting shot down? I'm not exactly a big fans of wusses, you know.

I remember that Perry met with Obama back during the TX governor race. That was an interesting turnaround, because Perry went to confront Obama while the Democrat contender ran for the hills. I'm all for Republicans meeting Obummer if they're going to confront him about things, but I don't want to see anymore meet-and-greet sessions! Hey Daniels, did you at least ask Obama why he won't allow oil drilling here in America so that we Hoosiers will eventually be able to pay less then $4 a gallon for gas? No? Didn't think so!

I don't know what to make of Daniels. He's willing to sign Conservative bills, and then goes and greets Obama! Whose side are you on Daniels, ours or his? Do tell! I'd love to know!

--------

Related - AWD had an article on Obama's El Paso speech, the one that the Prez wanted to use Perry as a prop for: Hussien Hopenchange Lies About Immigration in El Paso

No comments:

Post a Comment