Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Feed The Trolls, and the Potential Healthcare Bill Repeal

Far be it from me to try and infringe on any one's freedom of speech, but why are we arguing with morons?

For those just tuning in, allow me to explain. I am very much a fan of Gateway Pundit, which is a Conservative news blog, and also the Internet moniker of the man who runs the blog. I like Gateway and I like his blog. I also like the reading the comments sections of his posts, because it's amazing what you can learn, both from the regulars, and from the newcomers.

However, recently I have noticed an upswing in the trolls around the place. And it is annoying. For several months there were next to no trolls and now they're everywhere.

Worse, they can't form a coherent argument, and they never seem to realize when they're beaten. So one of the regular Punditeers will try to talk some sense into one of the trolls, only for the trolls to act like, well, liberals, which they most likely are, and lack anything that even remotely resembles an argument.

"If you can somehow force a liberal into a point-counterpoint argument, his retorts will bear no relation to what you've said -- unless you were in fact talking about your looks, your age, your weight, your personal obsessions, or whether you are a fascist. In the famous liberal two-step, they leap from one idiotic point to the next, so you can never nail them. It's like arguing with someone with Attention Deficit Disorder." - Ann Coulter
And that's kind of true. I forget how many time I've seen stupid liberal trolls do just that: we can't make a coherent point with admitting to hating America, so we'll misconstrue your statements and attack you instead. After all, you love America so attacking you is the next best thing.

I try not to argue with trolls, although I have accidentally ended up arguing with a liberal before. I'm not afraid to fight for my country, but on the other hand, I'm not real big on wasting time. You can spend time arguing with the trolls on GP's blog, but when you finally pin them into a corner, they change the argument.

In the interest of fairness, though, there were a pair of commenters who acted like trolls, but gave it up after getting verbally beaten around by the regulars a couple of time. Who knows, maybe arguing with idiots has some advantages. Maybe they do learn after awhile. Which, begs the question though, about why **** ***** and **** * can't actually learn after the fifty thousand times someone's argued with them. (Sorry, I don't want the trolls to know I'm talking about them, so no names.)

Alright, enough about the trolls. Now it's time to move on to the health care bill. I hear tell that the Republicans are going to vote for a repeal on the 12th of January. It was pointed out to me by one of the Punditeers today that this is a win-win for our side, no matter what happens. Either it gets repealed and we win, or the Democrats show their true colors, shoot the bill down, and we have something to hang them with come 2012.

Apparently John Boehner sent a thank-you note to Harry Reid. Check it out:

Senators Reid, Durbin, Schumer, Murray and Stabenow:

Thank you for reminding us – and the American people – of the backroom deal that you struck behind closed doors with ‘Big Pharma,’ resulting in bigger profits for the drug companies, and higher prescription drug costs for 33 million seniors enrolled in Medicare Part D, at a cost to the taxpayers of $42.6 billion.

The House is going to pass legislation to repeal that now. You’re welcome.

- Speaker-Designate John Boehner’s Press Office
Gutsy, but I felt it could have to stood to be a bit more strongly worded, and I think he was a bit wrong by assuming it would be repealed. Personally I think it should have run something along the lines of, "thank you for reminding us about your backroom deal. By all means feel free to block us. We appreciate you showing the public your true colors. (What color represents treason again?)

Okay, the last line might have been a little to far, but I couldn't resist. Good I'm not a politician. I would never be able to resist making fools out of stupid people.

Either way, it will certainly be interesting to see if the Right can pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment