Monday, August 11, 2008

Perseid Meteor Shower

I may not be planning to watch the Olympics, but there is one thing I’m planning on watching: The Perseid meteor shower. I say planning because this all depends on whether or I not I have the gumption to pull my butt out of bed at three in the morning.

I found out about this while reading a magazine. They had a short article in it about the upcoming meteor shower. I once saw a meteor shower when I was younger, but I can barely remember it, so I can’t wait to see this meteor shower.

According to the websites I’ve visited, the shower is supposed to start at eleven p.m. and peak between two and four a.m. Binoculars aren’t needed to see this event. On one site I saw something about facing northeast, but I don't know if that helps or not.

Now, just so long as the weather stays somewhat clear down here in XXXXXXXXX, Indiana, maybe I can see some meteors! Best part is, according to this Indianapolis weather thing right here, the weather is supposed to be only partly cloudy! ^^ So maybe I can see some meteors. I sure hope that forecast is right.

Speaking of meteors showers, check out the interesting things you can find on YouTube.

Anyway, I'm outta here. L8R!

No comments:

Post a Comment