Monday, February 23, 2009

In Case the Democrats Haven't Wasted Enough of Your Money...

Pay my respects to liberty and freedom
When we had them, we did good
Give my regards to the Republican party
I'm sure they did the best they could.
And so long to the U.S.
You taught me everything I know.
Wave goodbye, I wish you well...

...But I know that's not gonna happen. Congratulations, everyone. Liberals are working on Porkulus 2. Apparently $787 billion wasn't enough for them, so they want $410 million more. No, I'm not kidding:

"We need earmark reform," Obama said in September during a presidential debate in Oxford, Miss. "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

President Barack Obama should prepare to carve out a lot of free time and keep the coffee hot this week as Congress prepares to unveil a $410 billion omnibus spending bill that's riddled with thousands of earmarks, despite his calls for restraint and efforts on Capitol Hill to curtail the practice.

The bill will contain about 9,000 earmarks totaling $5 billion, congressional officials say. Many of the earmarks — loosely defined as local projects inserted by members of Congress — were inserted last year as the spending bills worked their way through various committees. ...

...Democrats declared the bill earmark-free. Republicans disagreed.

"While this bill does not include traditional earmarks, we should all understand that there are earmarks in this bill," said Sen. Mike Enzi , R- Wyo. "There is $850 million ... to bail out Amtrak , a $75 million earmark for the Smithsonian, a $1 billion earmark for the 2010 census."


None of that's going to stimulate beans. The article goes on to say that once again, the Dems will shove it through with out anyone being able to see it. Sound familiar?

I sat down and added the price of these two bills, the first one and the one they're trying to pass now, together, and the final price of this porkapoloza plus the first one comes to a whopping $1,197, 000,000,000.

One trillion, one hundred ninety-seven million dollars. If this passes, we'll be paying for that forever. And I for one don't want to pick up this bill.

Houston, we have serious problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment